The Mid-Region Council of Governments (MRCOG) is a regional planning organization that offers long range planning and technical support to communities within the Middle Rio Grande Region (Sandoval, Bernalillo, Valencia, Torrance, and Southern Santa Fe counties).The Regional Planning Program (RPP), within the MRCOG, focuses on assisting communities outside of the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area. The RPP is looking for an entry to mid-level planner to assist with the development and coordination of rural transportation and land use planning projects
- Overseeing the Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO) Program.
- Organizing and running the RTPO Committee Meetings.
- Engaging in long-range transportation and land use planning initiatives.
- Conducting regular data collection and analysis.
- Engaging in local government project planning, development, and financing.
- Providing technical assistance to local governments.
- Education and Experience - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 2+ years of experience in planning or a related field. Master’s degree may substitute for two years of experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to engage in technical writing activities, data collection, and critical analysis.
- Fundamental understanding of general planning practices, principles and procedures.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and GIS.
MRCOG offers a flexible schedule and is located downtown in close proximity to transit and other amenities. Employment pending a successful background check, a valid New Mexico driver’s license and no more than one (1) moving violation in the past year. All new employees are hired subject to a one-year probationary status. Salary is entry level commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Resumes may be submitted in person, by mail, or email at:
MRCOG, Attn: Personnel
Mail/Drop off: 809 Copper Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
MRCOG is an equal opportunity employer. Position will remain open until filled.